The Witching Hour | Backstage with Aveda at Witchery SS15Thursday, 30th July 2015 •
WITH ALAN WHITE AT THE HELM AS HAIR DIRECTOR, ONE COULD BE ASSURED THAT THE ‘DOS ACCOMPANYING THE LATEST FROM THE ICONIC AUSTRALIAN LABEL WOULD UPHOLD THE SAME IDEALS AS THE THREADS THEY PAIRED – PURE, UNADULTERATED SOPHISTICATION PRESENTED IN A CLEAN AND FUSS FREE MANNER… THE PERFECT UNION OF LUXURY AND SIMPLISTIC STYLE.
A slicked back, high sheen top knot accompanied the Activewear down the runway, whilst polished vacation ready waves paired perfectly with the main range of RTW garments. Can’t decide if you’re sports luxe sophisticated, or glamazon gone abroad? Luckily, the team at Aveda broke down both looks for us so you don’t have to choose. Photography by Esteban La Tessa.
aveda for witchery ss15 Look 1 | Perfectly sculptured sports luxe
- Prep towel dried hair using Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep to aid in smoother blow-drying and to control frizz. Evenly distribute through roots to ends for a sleek finish
- On fine to medium hair apply Aveda’s Thickening Tonic in sections throughout the hair to create extra volume and hold where needed.
- Blow dry hair using a combination bristle and round brush that will give you body and shine. While drying, direct the hair up and away from the nape of the neck and up and back away from the face smoothing out any kinks and bumps for a directional blow-dry with volume and hold.
- Apply Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid throughout the hair and finger work through. Using the Aveda paddle brush, Groom hair up towards the top of the head creating a grooved natural active texture, secure hair into a ponytail, (at the high point), with hair elastic.
- Mix equal amounts of Aveda’s Confixor Liquid gel and Light Elements Smoothing Fluid in your palms then add to the base of the ponytail to add sheen and secure flyaways. Tie fabric around the base of the base of the pony then twist the ponytail back over the fabric around the base and secure with fringe pins and allow the ends to fall freely.
- Arrange the fabric to suit and bobby pin in place. Finish with a light spritz of Aveda Air Control Hair Spray for extra hold for this top not with an active twist.
AVEDA FOR WITCHERY LOOK 2 | POLISHED POOLSIDE WAVES
- Prep damp hair using Pure Abundance Style Prep to give the hair plenty of grip and lift at the roots while styling. Using the Aveda Paddle Brush groom hair through, making sure to get even distribution from roots to ends.
- Apply Smooth Infusion Nourishing Styling Creme into the freshly prepped hair, at the same time visualise your end result while finger grooming the styling creme throughout the hair creating direction and shape ready for drying.
- Blow dry hair on a warm setting to achieve a beautiful finish and to minimise damage caused by excessive heat. While drying, focus on creating volume, movement with plenty of lift throughout, adding wave and movement as you dry using a medium size round bristle brush.
- If needed use a soft curl tong to strengthen the waves following the movement already formed with the brush while blow-drying. When hair has cooled brush hair through with the Aveda Paddle Brush following the shape created.
- Apply a small amount of Aveda Confixor to the palms of your hand and shape the hair back and tuck in around the ears. This will create more definition while softly holding hair in place.
- To finish the looks apply Aveda Light Elements Smoothing Fluid throughout the hair. Using your fingers make sure hair is lightly coated to maintaining the movements while forming an effortless wet look texture to the hair.
- Finally smooth over the hair with the Aveda Paddle Brush for a relaxed poolside movement maintaining a luxurious look and feel.
Thursday, 30th July 2015 •