Katy Perry shines her Christmas light
Whether black, blonde, blue, pink, straight, wavy or curly Katy Perry has more than proven that there’s no such thing as a bad hair day, so it’s little wonder ghd snapped her up as their Global Brand Ambassador…
With Christmas just around the corner ghd have released their newest campaign with new look branding starring Katy Perry as you’ve never seen her before! The classic yet fashion forward campaign images show Katy with a series of highly covetable and wearable hairstyles, an element that’s fundamental to their new branding. “Our new campaign brings the ghd brand promise of a ‘good hair day, everyday to life,” Paul Stoneham ghd’s CEO reveals. Everything right down to Katy’s shimmering dress is a representation of the new metallic collection with ghd Gold Classic Stylers available in rich ruby, sahara gold and shimmering silver for a limited time only!
Shot by renowned fashion photographer Ellen von Unwerth (who’s worked with the likes of Claudia Schiffer and Beyonce) in LA soon after Katy’s world tour wrapped the images showcase the pop princess in a different light to past ghd campaigns, much to her delight. “It was fun to go a more natural route after playing characters in my last ghd campaign,” Katy mused. “Ellen von Unwerth captured both playful and chic looks amazingly well.”
GET THE LOOK…
1. Shampoo and condition.
2. Apply ghd style root lift spray at roots.
3. Blow dry in sections from the nape to the front with ghd air™ and ghd size 3 ceramic radial vented brush.
4. When dry, allow hair to cool then section hair at nape in 1” thick horizontal sections no wider than the plates.
5. Mist ghd style curl hold spray to each section, run fingers through the section, evenly distributing product and smoothing the cuticle in the process. Only use the ghd styler on the hair when product is completely dry on the hair.
6. Place the ghd styler at roots with your thumb on top of the ghd styler. Gently close the plates together, turn the ghd styler 180 degrees, over directing the roots up to give lift and curl. Smooth through at a moderate pace to the ends creating a curl giving a very natural shape to the hair *(n.b. we call this technique “the ghd ribbon curl”. The slower you go, the better the result, which will last longer. Using different sized ghd stylers can vary the curl shape.)
7. Continue in 1” horizontal sections through the back from nape to crown turning the ghd styler 180 degrees lifting at the roots.
8. When styling the sides and bangs / fringe, section off into diagonal ½” thick sections from the ear up, we call this “a herringbone section pattern”.
9. Using the same 180 degree ribbon curl technique used when styling the previous sections, place the ghd styler at the roots, turn 180 degrees and direct away from the face in the direction you would like the sides and bangs / fringe to fall. Using this diagonal section pattern stops the hair from sticking straight out from the hairline and is more directional and easier to dress out. A gentle touch is needed here, closing the plates very gently for best results.
10. When dressing this style, use your ghd oval dressing brush, section off from ear to ear separating the front from the back, brush first from ends up to the roots to avoid any tangles. Keep brushing in the direction you have set with the ghd styler, the more you brush the better the results. Using your ghd narrow dressing brush to tease the roots will give extra support, lift and volume.
11. Continue the same process through the sides and bangs / fringe, brushing out and teasing the roots to achieve the desired finish.