Here comes the colour
Mary Katrantzou // London Fashion Week
It was a celebration of cool colour and crazy prints when Mary Katrantzou showcased her Spring/Summer 2013 collection at London Fashion Week, much to the delight of the captivated onlookers. In an unexpected twist there was strong use of structured tailoring in pencil skirts and sculpted dresses. The hair look at the S/S ’13 Mary Katrantzou show in London was simple, sophisticated and modern. “The Mary Katrantzou collection was slick, graphic and very conceptual and I wanted to create an elegant, almost couture-like style to bring a sense of sharpness into the look,” said Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman.
The finished hair look was aerodynamic and gave the head an extended, elongated shape reminiscent of Queen Nefertiti. Clean and almost regal, it accentuated the neck and ensured the girls appeared tall and proud. “There is a tension in the hairstyle, lifting the face and giving the girls beautiful bone structure, adding a richness and refinement to the look,” added Eugene.
Get the Look…
1. Start with clean freshly washed and conditioned hair, using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner, to ensure hair is in perfect condition.
2. Spray Wella Professionals Create Character Texturizing Spray into the roots of the hair and blow dry with a soft bristled brush, pulling the hair back and away from the face
3. Section off the back of the head from ear to ear across the centre of the crown and clip the front hair out of the way
4. Tie the section at the back of the head into a ponytail and backcomb small sections of the ponytail to create volume. Then roll into a bun and pin in place on the head
5. Section the remaining hair into three: two side panels and one in the centre.
6. Take one side section and make it as sleek and tight as possible. Spray Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight Shine Spray to give sheen and to help the brush glide through the hair
7. Spray the hair with Wella Professionals Super Set Finishing Spray close to the roots so that the hair is wet and create tension in the hair by brushing and pulling the hair back at the same time
8. Repeat on the other side section
9. Tie them into place around the bun
10. Take the top section and working from the crown towards the front of the head, use the same technique alternating Shimmer Delight with Super Set Finishing Spray