Save the best for last
Calvin Klein // NYFW
Closing New York Fashion Week is a job entrusted only to true artists evident when Calvin Klein showcased the Spring/Summer 2013 collection in a breathtaking finale. Attracting some megastar front row goers including Emma Stone, Amy Adams and Diane Kruger, the collection was comprised of draping, peplums and cinched waists.
Redken’s Creative Consultant Guido Palau was bestowed with the dubious honor of helping bring the week to a close, creating a simple style with an emphasis on a rich and natural texture."The look is inspired by the classic Calvin girl herself - super chic yet super urban,” Palau begins. “It's a little bit grungy but overall the look is very natural. It's not blown out straight, but just blow-dried with the fingers to achieve this soft, unrefined texture.”
Get the look…
1. Apply guts 10 throughout damp hair to create texture and movement.
2. Blow dry hair with fingers to create soft, natural texture.
3. Using the left brow arch as a guide, section hair to create a deep left side part.
4. Liberally apply powder refresh 01 all over.
5.To set, spray style with forceful 23 to keep the natural wave in the hair.
6. Next, lightly brush through to encourage a very natural, textured finish from root to ends.