Backstage with Toni&Guy @ Carla Zampatti’s Half Centennial!Wednesday, 22nd April 2015 •
WITH OUR NATIONAL TREASURE CARLA REMAINING TRUE TO FORM FOR THE EXCEPTIONALLY CHIC AFFAIR, POPS OF COLOUR BOUNCED OFF HER SIGNATURE BLACK AND WHITE PALETTE IN THE SPRING SUMMER COLLECTION – THE PERFECT WAY TO HONOUR A DESIGNER RINGING IN 50 YEARS ON TOP.
The fashion focus was an homage to Carla’s exceptionally feminine aesthetic , so what better way to keep the look that little bit edgy than with a polished wet look defining the runway’s hair direction. Toni & Guy’s Artistic Team, headed up by session stylist Daren Borthwick, spoke us through one of the looks created for the affair and gave us his top tips for whipping up your own effortlessly chic wet look.
Now all we need is the Carla Zampatti frock to go with it…
GET THE LOOK WITH TONI & GUY
- The hair was prepped with label.m Volume Mousse, worked liberally on the roots to mid lengths of the hair leaving the ends naturally textured.
- A two inch section was taken on the left side from the front hairline to the nape and label.m Extra Strong Gel was applied.
- Using a fine tail comb, the hair was combed back away form the face to the nape to create a very clean and flat appearance, securing at the nape.
- A diagonal back section through the right side was left out at the front hairline.
- label.m Gel was applied to the rest of the root area and combed through the hair to join the ponytail at the nape.
- A small piece of hair was wrapped around the band and sealed with label.m Extreme Hold Hairspray
- More label.m Volume Mousse and Gel were applied at the front panel around the face, to allow the hair to be manipulated into soft curls with a textured and separated feel.
- The hair was finished with label.m Shine Spray & label.m Hold & Gloss.
Wednesday, 22nd April 2015 •