Coloured Adornment - Ginger and Smart
MBFWA will certainly be remembered for its bold expanse of colour and embellishment, and this wasn’t merely restricted to the fashion. Hair went along for the ride with splashes of brights, pastels and adornments added to great effect. At Ginger and Smart, ghd hair director Alan White referenced early 90s rave subculture, with Mohawk style braids and top knots entwined with a rainbow of coloured hair pieces and slick tight sides. The look was a super cool punk mélange of modern futuristic with an androgynous edge.
1. Texturise damp hair with ghd Total Volume Foam, overlay with ghd Curl Hold Spray and then dry in using ghd air.
2. Using a combination of ghd Tail Comb, the ghd Oval Dressing Brush and your
fingers, groom hair into one or multiple ponytails, securing with a hat elastic in the centre of head creating a Mohawk look.
3. Smooth ghd Smooth and Finish Serum onto both sides of the head to create a slick, shiny finish.
4. Pin in the extra colour hair wefts to the base of each ponytail then twist, braid and pin hair incorporating the coloured wefts into the style.
5. Use ghd Oval Dressing Brush and ghd Tail Comb and backcomb to create extra
height for loose pieces of ponytail.
6. Smooth ends of hair with the ghd Gold Classic Styler and ghd Smooth and Finish Serum and finish with ghd Final Fix Hairspray.